Wednesday, December 25, 2013

getting back in the groove

Despite having unpacked 98% of the boxes, I still have not freed my camera from its wrongful incarceration; I should have left the darn thing out, right?
This is the last time I sewed.
Since the move earlier this month, there have been little inconveniences along the way, but in retrospect, it was not that bad.


Fortunately, I am hosting the family Christmas celebration this year! It is nice to have a deadline, isn't it! and yes, I found the Christmas decorations, so whew! I am ready on that front!

I am sure my family will understand that things are a little understated this year. 
In my free time, I jazzed up my sewing area with a little DIY project. Now my sewing supplies fit tidily into a glamorous little corner:
read how I did it here
The machine is inside, my fabrics fit into the drawer on the left and patterns are in the drawer on the right. I don't how why those 97 boxes of fabric intimidated me!

And I've done a little sewing - if only I had a camera to show the garments on me! Here is what I completed in the 2 weeks since we moved into our new condo:

I'll try to model some of them soon.

Well, I guess I better get busy. I need to file my nails. We have company coming.

(the weather in my neck of the woods is a little chilly)

The main purpose of my post today it to say HI! I survived moving! I am working on a VERY FUN freelance editing assignment (YAY!) and I will certainly share more when the time is right.

I do hope to unpack my camera soon. And I do hope to stitch something soon. Getting settled in just takes a little while.

May your days be merry and bright and I hope to get back to my little corner of the sewing blogosphere soon.

Warm Wishes to You ALL!

29 comments:

  1. This posting gave me the chuckles! Thanks for the morning cheer and Happy Holidays! I know you'll get to enjoy sewing soon in your new chic space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you're reminding me of my last couple moves - I am still trying to re-arrange my current sewing room! ;)
    Happy holidays though, and hopefully all the unpacking and settling in will go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Merry Christmas. Enjoy your new sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny Robin. Merry Christmas and hope you settle into the new home quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holiday giggles, thank you. Glad to know that you have kept it all in perspective. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! lol Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your post! Love your sense of humor. Glad you are getting unpacked and settling in; moving is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laugh! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great laugh and smile, thank you. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. From sunny Sydney Australia (where it is fresh and rainy today) have a wonderful Christmas and thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your good humor seems to have weathered the move! Thanks for the Christmas laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious! Love the cupboard ;) happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is classic! Love it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moving is the pits. Your wonderful attitude and sense of humor have made it a bright finish to the year. Wishing you a lovely holiday and all the best in your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have SUCH a bad 48 hours with son's in-laws sharing our Christmas, and your post made me laugh out LOUD-three times !! Thank you sooooo much for doing that. Mwah mwah...
    Aless (fellow Aussie)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have SUCH a bad 48 hours with son's in-laws sharing our Christmas, and your post made me laugh out LOUD-three times !! Thank you sooooo much for doing that. Mwah mwah...
    Aless (fellow Aussie)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want one of those sewing desks too! I can't wait to see all those outfits modelled! Hot, hot, hot here in Brisbane today! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you after I finish wiping my screen off. Glad you are getting settled in, moving is never fun. I hope sewing can start soon and that you find the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was such a fun post. I may need to make a Christmas fascinator likes yours for my next Christmas celebration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking forward to seeing your projects in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha, ha! Want that sewing cabinet! And no wonder you can fit your fabrics in there - not much left over after the sewing you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor! I like every single one of the outfits you sewed, and I think I need your magic sewing table.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a little late in seeing this post, but the laughter is still fresh! :D Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year and all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your humor and projects! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you had a great New Year! 2014 is going to be a great year, I can already feel it!
    Ruth James | http://www.sewing.net/sewingmachines.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. bahahaha! I know I'm so late but I LOVED this entire post lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo