Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hat Attack

Like a few of my favorite sewing bloggers, I am joining the Hat Attack! If you don't already know the Style Crone, be sure to pop over and drink in all sorts of beauty and wisdom.

Just so you know, I am not a hat wearer, but Judith has inspired me to try something new:
This clever device provides shade!  I wore it often a couple weeks ago at the beach. It occurred to me that the addition of a ribbon tied under my chin would prove useful against gusts of wind. My husband vetoed that idea.
(Thanks, dear, you are probably right)
I sewed this tunic in April 2008. When I looked at the old post, I noticed all the links to photos are broken. I have the photos in a folder and one of these days, I will reload them to this blog. Sorry about that if anyone is looking at some of my older posts. I'll get around to it, sooner or later!

It is pleasing to note how long clothing lasts when sewn by me. The fabrics we can buy are such better quality than what we find in stores these days. Lucky we are, right?!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Glad you joined Hat Attack! I like your blue summer hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue of this gorgeous blue wide brimmed hat brings out the beauty of your blue eyes and pairs perfectly with the multicolored tunic. You wear this hat with much confidence and own this look as though you were a daily hat wearer. Brava!

    Thank you so much for linking up with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Judith!!
      I will be wearing more hats, and it's all thanks to you.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely photo, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)
      I must confess, I do airbrush out the pimples.
      LOL, I don't think I will ever outgrow my need for constant diligence on that front!
      [I hold out hope, though]

      Delete
  4. Hi, Robin! I'm so glad you joined us on Hat Attack! You should take up wearing hats...it suits you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute hat! You wear it well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love those wide brimmed floppy hats? I'll be modeling mine in the Hat Attack months to come.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh me goddess I am in LOVE with your hat! It looks SO good on you.....but I think I would steal it for me in a heartbeat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should wear hats all the time. This one looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful in this hat.. I hope you continue to explore the joy of hats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hats, but have probs keeping it on my head. My solution was to thread small elastic thread thru the hat and wear it behind my ears, under my hair. It holds the hat on my head and I don't have the tied under the chin look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo