Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sewing Get-Together





BeeBee brought her beautiful fur coat lovingly nicknamed the Yeti.
I have adopted it and hope to save it from wadderville.

BeeBee, Lisette, Cidell, Lauren, Sue, Paula,Trena,Audrey, me, Lisa, Allison, Sophie, Elaine

please excuse the crude airbrush job - not everyone wants their image online,
I am still learning Photoshop, but not quick enough yet to use it consistently.


There were A LOT of patterns- this is before they all came!

lots of good food & drinks

Here are the blogs of the other attendees  (several of our group don't blog & we loved meeting you!!!)

Sophie - FilASewphie (pronounced philosophy, I bet!) is wearing the cute polka dot skirt in the pics above.

Audrey - SewTawdry wore a beautiful butterfly print top made from a Rachel Comey design.

Sue - Sewin' Steady wore a top made from an unusual textured doubleknit sewn from a vintage pattern and we all agreed it was an elegant, elevated version of a sweatshirt.

Lisette - La Cubanita Close and  BeeBeePastiche  both came and realized they are practically neighbors. BeeBee brought her magnificent fur coat that wasn't quite working for her, and I nabbed it. The faux fur is just gorgeous. 

Cidell came, of Miss Celie's Pants looking lovely in her her latest purple dress. 

Trena, The Slapdash Sewist wore a beautiful wool wrap dress she sewed.

And Lauren, of Smunch was there wearing a stylish top she had sewn; she is in the very first photo, towards the right in the cap-sleeved top. I think she said it was a burda pattern. 

Lisa, of As I Said wore her most recently sewn beautiful pants, and Lisa organized the event, so Thank You LISA!!

There were a few more there, but not everyone likes to have an online presence and Anna had left just before we took photos.

So! I am not exaggerating when I say this was a GREAT day. I made little name tags and because we weren't all acquainted before today. We sure did enjoy the fabric, the patterns and lots of sewing talk.

After the fabric swap, most of the group went on to shop at G Street, and I hope they made out like bandits.

Thank you to everyone for coming today - I really enjoyed our get-together!





40 comments:

  1. Well, it looks like your get together was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! If you do it again, I hope to be able to make it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome time! Wish I could have attended :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me, too! It is so great to meet up in real life.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a great meetup! So nice to match faces that belong to names I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to get to northern California! Maybe in 2013 ...

      Delete
  5. What fun!!!

    How I wish there was a Toronto sewing get-together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it was a treat. The world is a big, spread out place, that is for sure.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I wish I had been able to attend ! Looks like it was fun time. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I hope we can do it again too. The drive was pretty long for some, so I really appreciate that Lisa organized everyone.

      Delete
  7. So glad that everyone had a great time! It was a wonderful thing to do to open your home to your fellow sewists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, it was SO MUCH fun to have a group of sewists come to my house. Usually the obnly entertaining I do is for family, which is fun - but a totally different dynamic.

      Delete
  8. And that is exactly what sewing/blogging is all about - glad you all had a super day together...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting, Robin! It was a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for leaving the pistachio nut cake behind :)

      Delete
  10. Umm, I'd write something warm and supportive if I weren't so envious. As it is, I'm consumed by envy. ;) It looks like a lovely time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I get it! Felt the same way reading of other get-togethers around the world.

      Delete
  11. Meet-ups are just great and yours looked like a lot of fun - its like a gallery of famous PR members lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we have our own little sewing community online, and we do get "famous" to each other! I enjoy seeing your posts of get-togethers, too! In my dreams, I will meet up with you and visit kantje boord someday!

      Delete
  12. looks so lovely! and oh please, don't leave the yeti in waddersville, she is fabulous...

    i can't remember if i've ever heard you mention an ipad, but photoshop touch is exquistie and super easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm no, I do not have an iPad. I tend to use iPhoto on my macBook and a cheapo (but pretty powerful) tool called Snagit.
      I am practicing Photoshop, though. When time permits, I like to remove trashcans from the background, and stuff like that.

      Delete
  13. It was a wonderful time! Robin, thanks so much for hosting the get together, and be sure and tell your DH that the photos are fantantic. Also thanks for linking names to blogs in your writeup. There were a couple of ladies I met yesterday, but this morning I couldn't remember the names of their blogs. It must have been the all the mimosa's, I meet orange juice, I drank.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was lovely, thanks for sharing everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you all had a great time. Hopefully next time I can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gasp! Look you ladies-having fun with other sewists-augh-one day I shall visit the US. And meet you all. And also buy up awesome vintage sewing books, affordable notions and possibly a knitting machine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So wonderful to get together with sewing friends!
    I wish I could have it where I live. It seems that sewers are such "underground society" in my town! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all realized how lucky we were to find other garment-sewing people. There are quilters almost everywhere, I appreciate their craft, but it is harder to find the garment sewists, isn't it?

      Delete
  18. It looks like it was fun -- sorry I couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a true sewer's dream day...friends, fabric, food and fun. You make me excited about heading back north and be among my sewing friends more frequently. How kind of you to play hostess and to share the good times and new to me blogs with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This gathering looks like so much fun! To find women who share the same passion is a gift, which is displayed with the many happy and smiling faces. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate I missed it!!! My Mom's in the hospital, if you do it again I will definitely make it!! I could have given away quite a bit of fabric and patterns! Glad you all had fun. I didn't realize how many sewists were near me!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Genuinely when someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other visitors that they will help, so here it occurs.
    My page: fast weightloss

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you again for hosting! I really had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Robin for opening up your house. The day was fabulous with great people, great hosts, great food, and Archie, the beautiful cat giving love. What else could I have asked for!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love going to sewing meet ups. Glad you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.