This lofty wool novelty fabric certainly considered annoying me, but I wanted a coat from it, so I didn't put up with any nonsense. For starters, I kept those pattern pieces handy so I could compare and re-calibrate often. In the first photo, I have laid the interlining on top of the pattern piece and made sure it still fit perfectly. Then I laid the herringbone on top of that, and made sure each edge was aligned perfectly and the grain was straight.
Even pinning was more handling than I wanted to inflict on this fabric, so I carefully serged the edges of the interlining to the wool. Testing first on scraps helped determine the correct setting on the serger.
During the quilting process, the fabric really wanted to stretch out shape, so I used my hands to cover and clamp down tightly on the fabric as it fed through the machine. The IDT on the Pfaff works like a walking foot, which was helpful in keeping the layers aligned.
I added a few horizontal seams in addition to the vertical channels sew into the pieces.
And one small portion of the collar wanted to misbehave terribly, so I exerted my will and quilted that down into place. No more bubbly parts!