|muslin fail, pattern fail,|
bad boy goes to the garbage pail
A: One reason is to keep track of my sewing. By documenting my work as I go, I build a reference library for myself, which will save time for me in future projects.
Q: And how is that working for you?
A: Um, well, I just
A: After blogging about this current failure, I realized I had used that
So much for blogging as a time-saving device.
Here is the found pattern:
|I had shortened the coat pattern into a jacket pattern, but kept all the pieces.|
|I had even drawn little pictures across cut lines, to help me reassemble the pattern in the future. How thoughtful!|
|is it just me, or does this image look a little ... no I refuse to type the word I am thinking.|
I feel certain you will understand that light refreshment is in order, to distract me from recent frustrations. It is Halloween Costume time! About the only time I sew for my daughter is for Halloween and she plans to be a Cleopatra Goddess Woman this year. I love the fabric and trim I found.
This is her inspiration photo:
New lesson: trying to work from a fabric muslin to create a paper pattern is risky business. Fabric stretches out if shape. I know it is a time-honored, effective technique in couture sewing, but I had not marked my muslin with grainlines, or any other necessary details. I think I am just more of a paper-pattern-person anyway. At least I will have a well-fitted, well drafted pattern by the time I finally cut my fabric. I bet the sewing will go pretty fast at that point.