Saturday, May 5, 2012

Overshirt and capri pants - finished!

First things first: thank you for the links!  In my last post, I asked about fashion and style blogs for confident women and you delivered.

Today we had photograph-friendly weather, so the Mister captured over-shirt and capri pictures for me:
Slim white capri pants are my answer to a mini-dress.

And a matching camisole is my answer to a deep neckline.

I proclaim this outfit a success all around.

The pattern is from Burda World of Fashion 05-2008-128.

Inspiration was the outfit on the left.
White capris and white camisole
worn beneath a  light, breezy over-shirt,
or, as I now realize - any short dress.
For the slim capri pants, I used a pattern I developed for workout wear, almost two years ago.  The fabric is white ponte bought from EmmaOneSock.  There was enough left over to sew the matching camisole.

And good news on that BWOF 05-2008-128 pattern - I fixed it!  In my last post about this pattern, I mentioned it had problems and I did not expect to sew it again.   I re-considered that assessment and I simply made a small bust adjustment to the pattern and sewed it up again.  The fit was correct (yay!) but then I made some irreversible sewing mistakes and really prefer not to discuss it any further.  You know how it goes.  Sometimes, the whole thing goes into the trash can and it's best forgotten.  The fabric lost in that sewing crash was the pretty pink plaid shown on my dress form in this post.  Yes, it is better to forget and carry on.  There will be more fabric and more shirts from this pattern.

Except for a few more photos, I am finished with SWAP 2012.  It feels good to finish sewing with a plan (loose as it was) and I look forward to some very random sewing in the weeks and months ahead.

Cheerio!



21 comments:

  1. I really like this. I'm glad you were able to forgive the problems (and I'm sorry to hear about the Version-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named).

    You look so cool and contemporary, and I still love the print of the blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks. I am still in denial about the wadder.
      le sigh.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun outfit, and so versatile. It looks great on you. I eyed that white Ponte on EOS several times, but never hit that purchase button. I really love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a VERY white white. Actually the undertone is almost gray or icy blue.
      Very nice quality.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit, Robin...suits you to a tee (or a cami) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Margy! White is the new black ;)

      Delete
  4. Cute and so nice for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stylish for the spring and summer. With the tank, you could even wear it open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In ponte? I learned that answer is no. It shows every lump and bump, so I need to make some woven capris.
      But it will be a good look!

      Delete
  6. Great outfit! I love the length of those capri pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I thought they looked a bit like a girdle, but the photos indicate they are suitable for outdoor wear.
      :-D

      Delete
  7. Fresh! Spring! Smiles! - all these words pop into my head when I see you in this great outfit! The capris and cami are perfect. The overshirt is so versatile too - you could wear it with a denim skirt or even as a jacket. About your sewing frustration, I have a great sewing cartoon for you. I'll post it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great summer look! I'm sure this wears as comfortably as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so summery! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great outfit. Your overshirt is lovely. I thinking that this will be a very versatile combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look ready for spring and summer in this great look. Have you ever participated in Not Dead Yet Style's Visible Monday? Here is the link to last week's post:

    http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com/2012/04/visible-monday-44-1980s-revival.html

    Perhaps you would like to link this post to tomorrow's Visible Monday?

    Thank you for adding me to your blog roll. What a lovely surprise!

    I look forward to going back and reading more of your posts..and am your newest follower.

    Adrienne

    The Rich Life (on a budget)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks !
    Rothco

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo