Saturday, May 12, 2012

happy thoughts and a hug

The only sewing happening in my world is an alteration to a dress that I had originally offered to sew.
The perfect oyster color for my sister's soft summer coloring, and just right for an outdoor casual wedding.
Alas, I don't have time to sew a dress, so I am very pleased to do alterations instead.
In fact this dress is so perfect - maybe better than I could have done, right?

I am so relieved that she found a dress (on sale, no less!)
click here if you want this dress from J.Crew
My sister has fallen in love with a wonderful guy and my family loves him and his delightful daughter, too.  They will be married in June.  I think the happy couple would agree they feel like Elvis:



I had to rearrange my commitments because a tidal wave of good luck has washed into my world over the last several weeks and I have been very busy making room for all the new amazingness.  

Oh, and one more thing that brightened my day - a lovely card from my step-daughter:



If you are a mother, celebrate yourself this weekend.

Don't base it on your child's accomplishments or their acknowledgement of your hard work. 
If you have lost a child, fear you may never have a child, or chose not to bear children because it is not right for you, cherish yourself even more.

You, in your heart, you know the price of motherhood.
You are my hero.

xo,
Robin

20 comments:

  1. Oh man, that is the most lovely cheesy card I've seen for a long time. :-) Hurrah for mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De-lurking to say...And a hug right back. I'm a step-mom to a terrific 13 year old boy and consider myself lucky to have him. As I teach teenagers, it's been interesting having one at home too this year particularly. Still Mother's Day is tough some years. Thanks for the hug and the cheesy card, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jodie, I bet Mothers Day IS hard some years! Brava to you for guiding all the adolescents in your life!

      Delete
  3. That card from your step daughter is so beautiful! Made me start to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and a real tribute from your step daughter. ya know?

    I look forward to hearing about your wonderful amazingness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kelly is a gem, I agree! Hope you had a nice Mothers Day too!

      Delete
  5. So glad you like the cheesy card, Robin! :)

    Also: I looked at the website you linked that talked about color seasons. Am I a Winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I bet you are a winter. But - you look good in olive green and that is not usually a winter color.
      You are an enigma!

      Delete
  6. Great card, happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to share with us the wonderful things that are happening to you? And a happy Mother's Day to you - love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sweet and happy post and congratulations/best wishes for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are all so happy for my sister and her husband-to-be, too!

      Delete
  9. I like that: a tidal wave of good luck has washed into my world over the last several weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange how it can happen when you least expect it!!!
      Nice to know, too. Sh*t happens, but the reverse is true, too.
      Good stuff happens.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for thinking of those of us who would love love love to have children but don't. I was wished Happy Mother's Day no fewer than 4 times and it sucked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, it's not all rainbows and unicorns for all of us, is it?
      xo

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo