Friday, April 13, 2012

overshirt for summer

I need to share this with you:

wow.

Here is what I am sewing now- an overshirt:

burda world of fashion 05-2008-128


too big.
I added a princess seam in the back,
to mimic the princess seam in the front,
and I reduced the size of the armscye.
you are looking at a very sloped shoulder seam.

I'll probably be back soon to show you the final garment.  Oh, how I love the thought of adding this to my arsenal of patterns.  Why have I waited so long?  I really want to wear this soon!

The pattern is from the plus size range (size 44).  I have sewn a size 44 before (non-plus-size).  I expected them to be the same draft, but now I wonder - have you sewn from both and did you find them similar or the same?

It's such a cute pattern:

Thank you Chuck Close, for telling your story.  You make the world a bigger and better place.

And readers, have a great weekend!



11 comments:

  1. I have not made a Burda Plus pattern, but that is a cute top. Thanks for sharing that video of Chuck Close. He is so inspirational and creates such wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he a gem? I especially like, INSPIRATION IS FOR AMATEURS. THE REST OF US JUST SHOW UP AND GET TO WORK.

    That sums it up for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is the line that I scribbled onto a bit of paper as I listened! Thanks for sharing this video.

      Delete
  3. Having worked with spinal cord injuries during my career, I was inspired by the video of Chuck Close. We can all learn from what he had to say! Thank you. Looking forward to seeing your overshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that they are any different as the measurements in the chart are the same.
    I do use plus sizes and reduce the upper chest to a size 42.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the video. I have sent it along to others. Chuck Close is spectacular. My husband and I both enjoyed watching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, inspirational video. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved that video. I'm forwarding it to both my boys. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the Chuck Close video. Just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Chuck Close! I think Burda draft the plus patters for a larger bust cup. So regular 44 and plus 44 are going to be a little different. I'm going back to find this issue. That's a nice shirt! --Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense to me Robyn, I had to fiddle with the fit in the bust area - it was a little too big. I've sewn the regular 44 before and didn't encounter that issue.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.