Sunday, February 5, 2012

Style Arc Peta Pant

I did a lot this weekend, but nothing surpasses the thrill of sewing a pattern that fit well with only minimal adjustment.  Here is a muslin mockup of The Peta Pant by Style Arc Patterns:




Pretty simple design, right? But what a great cut!  These pants fit so nicely compared to most home sewing patterns.  I will sew these in linen this summer:


The results were so encouraging that I also sewed up the Linda pant:

I used an inky black chino cotton with lycra for a little stretch and they turned out beautifully.  No muslin mockup, either!  I boldly sewed the pants with the minor alterations learned when I sewed the Peta pant.  Holy Cow!  Can I get some exclamation points here?!  Yes!!!

Color me amazed.

Hope to show pics of the Linda pants soon - my photographer is busy watching a football game.  Well, we are busy watching the Super Bowl.  (I am tapping away on my laptop....)  I've heard people have parties and everything.  I did bake a batch of gluten-free oatmeal cookies.  We whooped it up, all right.

Happy Sewing!!

22 comments:

  1. Given that I just spent 3 weeks working on a pants muslin, I can *totally* appreciate how amazing it is that these worked with very minimal alterations. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news on the pants fitting, can understand your excitement. The Peta Pant looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous on you, Robin. I've made the Linda about 5 times and just ordered the Peta. It's amazing that they fit so many bodies so well.

    Today I laid a Style Arc top over the same relative size in a Vogue. The difference in the shoulder upper chest area was notable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! How come you got the great fitting pants first pop! Not fair, how I despair when I read the words, "fit right out of the packet."

    Hmm, now let me guess, you started with the right size?

    Still, great job - those are going to be great loungers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fantastic on you! I haven't tried any of the style arc pants but I can see why everyone loves them if thats the fit without a lot of adjustments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! ^__^


    http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great relaxed pant! Lucky you fitting them practically out of the packet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fit is very good. I wonder if StyleArc's pattern block suits your particular shape? It would be wonderful to find a pattern company that drafts with your body shape in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being able to sew such attractive pants with minimal adjustments makes me very very green. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, Robin! These look great on you. Can't wait to see your Linda Pants.
    I am curious about your size choice. Did you use the same or a different size than you typically sew in the Big 4 pattern companies?
    I recently sewed the Linda Pants (boldly whipping them up without measuring the flat pattern - most impulsive, I know) and turns out I chose the wrong size!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been on the fence about ordering these because of the high shipping, but those Linda pants have been calling to me for a while...

    Congrats on pants with minimal tweaking. Maybe you've found your new TNT?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pants look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice. Simple is often the most challenging because mistakes can't be hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great -- welcome to Style Arc's Land of Magic Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm kind of proud that Arc patterns are Australian. Your muslin is a 10 for fit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look great....I also have the Linda Pant pattern and can't wait to ty them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! They look fabulous. I think I'll get both of those patterns. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These do look fabulous, I totally appreciate how monumental this is . I hate fitting pants. I am struggling myself and about to give up ha ha .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.