Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pants, pants and more pants.

You have no idea. Well, if you are reading a sewing blog, then probably you have an idea.  To have a pants pattern that fits is worth its weight in gold.  And furthermore, I can sew this pattern in about two hours. 
It is the Style Arc Linda Pant.  
The waist is elasticized and the fit is pretty trim, in fact my first pair (the brown ones) were a little too tight, but I will wear them on those skinny days that happen from time to time, you know, like after you've been sick. The gray fabric is a really nice knit I got from EmmaOneSock, described as  
"a very high-tech weave that combines the drape of a 4-ply silk crepe with the stretch and look of a beefy matte jersey. It's actually a woven that they refer to as a woven/knit hybrid. It's a great alternative to its silk or viscose counterparts, which are far more expensive and need to be dry cleaned. This washable and totally wrinkle free! "                                                       
The fabric has a dressy feel to it, so I am modeling the pants with a 4-ply silk tunic, a Very Easy Vogue pattern I sewed years ago, before I was blogging.  







The brown is a rayon/polyester/lycra (RPL) blend "stretch woven gabardine that is a wonderful, easy-care, pants fabric" also from EmmaOneSock.  I liked it well enough that I ordered it in every color she had: navy, black, gray and brown.  These will be great for work.


And I will add a little to the side seams on the next versions, so they are not so skin tight.  Did you notice a fly-front on the brown pants?  That is a faux-fly front.  I added it to cover up a serging accident.  Ooops.  I wasn't about to let a little slice into my pants turn them into a wadder.  I am all for extra design details!


I will pull a SWAP out of all these garments somehow.  I hope I get inspired and make some fabulous jackets.   Right now I want no-brainer basics to make it getting dressed easy.


I swear they are not paying me to gush over these patterns!  
It is authentic pants-pattern-love.


Happy Sewing!!

30 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! I saw your review over on pattern review last night and ordered a couple of Style Arc pants patterns straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must order this pattern. They fit beautifully and look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh they do look good! And they must be a dream to wear too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pants look really great! The more I hear about StyleArc, the more I want to try one. I think I'm the only person who hasn't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fitting pants, I need to bite the bullet and order some of these patterns. Thanks for the fabric descritions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing and i especially like the pink top and gray pants combo. I've not yet sew any pants to date but this pants pattern will be the one to try, I will get them soon. Thanks!

    Far

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fitting / looking pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is certainly flattering! I may have to order this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aargh - envy! I love your pants! I'm especially envious since I just finished sewing a pair of woolen, fly-front, lined pants for my SWAP, and there's some major pulling and wrinkling in the front. The only solution seems to be to lose a few pounds, which isn't really going to happen anytime soon.

    Perhaps I should order this pattern, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great fitting pants and well done on your serger slip-up - sadly I don't feel slim enough yet (sick or otherwise) to wear knit pants sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One day I will own a self made pair that fit like that. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right a good pants pattern is worth its weight in gold and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent trousers. How satisfying to have a TNT trouser pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - great pants - great fit. I have heard such great things about the Linda Pants. Your versions are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look great, I'm hearing (and seeing!) lots of positive reviews of Stye Arc patterns, I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pants look great! ... and look how many people understand!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! I know what you mean about the pants fitting thing! I've got a small waist and a big "ba-donk-a-donk" so finding pants that fit is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sorry to be dense, but I cannot find your e-mail address and have a questions. could you send it to me?
    kmaggierose at aol dot com

    thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looking pants. Lucky you to find a good pants pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  20. agree. I love a tnt pattern. You can do so many things with it. You can use it, redesign it, use it to compair to other pattterns you're thinking of using.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've chosen you for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you like, you can visit my blog and grab it and post it on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done! On still on the search for the holy trouser grail.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great looking pants. I have a few Style Arc patterns but the Linda Pants is the only one I have made so far. I love mine too and must make more.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have just gone to EmmaOneStock and ordered this fabric in three colors. Next is the Pattern from Style Arc (which will make StyleArc pants pattern #3)!
    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lucky you to have found this great fitting pattern. Style Arc pattern are getting a lot of favorable press lately.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm seeing a lot of these pants on the blogosphere, might have to bite the bullet and get the pattern. Although I do prefer their tunic pattern and do have a bunch of jersey fabric to use up..

    BTW you might want to install disqus or something similar because your comments system isn't working for non-blogger users at the moment. A widget like that will also save people from having to type in the mystery words as it comes with built-in anti-spam measures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks for nudging me to take a look at settings for comments. I finally changed over to "embedded" so that I can have threaded commenting.
      Hopefully, I also disabled the captcha words because they annoy me, too.

      yay for knit jersey, I am on loving knits at the moment.
      knits and stretch fabrics.

      Delete
  27. Your pants look nice. Congrats on finding a great pants pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo