Friday, September 2, 2011

September - National Sewing Month


National Sewing Month Infographic from O.co
Shop for sewing machines
For more infographics visit the O.co Community

Pretty cool article, eh?  Over the last couple of years, I have bought 3 sewing machines from Overstock.com, all Janomes, as gifts for family members.  Stock varies, but I've paid about $100 each time.  Sometimes they were refurbished, other times they were discontinued Sears models with a Janome badge.  It's hard to get a better machine at that price.  I was not paid or perked to post this, but I like O.com and I do love all the trivia in this post.

What else is new?  My mailbox is sadly empty of the Vogue Patterns magazine :( poor me, I just keep waiting!  And there is lots of DIY home decorating happening here.  I am wrapping up the painting,  window treatments and finishing touches.   I love to read home decor ("shelter") blogs but I don't like doing it nearly as much as I like to sew clothing.  I look forward to just living in our home and enjoying it.  You know, I think it's good timing anyway.  My mojo is stalled because we are between summer and autumn, so I may as well focus and finish.
I'll post a few before and after pics towards the end of September.

Hope you are doing OK - Happy Sewing Month, too!

9 comments:

  1. This is great I love it. I personally intend to spend the whole month celebrating International Sewing Month, which I have just declared as an extension of this. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also bought a Janome machine from overstock I wanted a heavy duty machine that was portable to take to asg events and sewing classes. I was so happy with my machine that my sister ordered one too and loved it. And I do sew for the love of it so this years theme is perfect for me. Thanks for all your sewing education posts I certainly have increased my knowledge by following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting poster! Love it! Especially the tagline from 2005 "Sewing; The Alternative to Yoga"... not when I've wrestling some fitting issue or a seam. I'm pretty sure you can't swear in yoga LOL! Or have a hissy fit and storm off... Not that I've done that..... maybe..... ;P

    Glad to hear the house is coming along. I'm waiting for some sewing stuff too and it's killing me. There's nothing better than curling up with a new mag or book :) Fingers crossed for before the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you don't have your issue either. I was starting to think mine got swallowed by Hurricane Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't sewed in years, but you are always inspiring! Love the humor and facts on this great poster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip about Overstock.

    I, too, would never think to liken sewing with yoga. With yoga, not that I practice it very often, I feel calm and rewarded for having tried my very best in the preceding hour regardless of the results. Not so with sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my copy of Vogue Patterns! Why ever would you be interested? ;-) Great picture and write up, Robin!

    And wonderful jacket! [pg. 9]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully made. Cool looking designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo