Thursday, August 4, 2011

Knit dress #4 of 4, done!

My wardrobing goals are pretty modest.  I need to get dressed quickly and easily so I can get to all the other things that interest me.  This comment validated my desire to slap together some wardrobe basics:

Michael Kors: I wear the same thing every day. I always pack two black jackets, loads of black T-shirts, loads of white jeans. I feel a little fresh and glamorous and graphic.


For me, the summer requires knit dresses and I sewed 4 of them.
Now I have time to pursue the fun stuff.  I love helping other people.  I love getting your emails, especially when you have questions and pictures.  Back when I was super busy, I got some very supportive emails and I did not have time to respond.  Thank you so much for your support - it makes blogging a very rewarding endeavor.

Fun stuff:

Sewing for other people - I love it when I pick the pattern, I pick the fabric.  My sewing mojo gets bored with me.   I get to sew different colors and styles and I get odd pleasure from dressing someone the way I want to see them.  This is not unlike playing with Barbie dolls.

Tailoring - I think I will work on a coat project before August ends. I want to finish the coat I started at the NYC Sit & Sew, and I want to sew the vintage Butterick coat pattern I altered earlier this year.  Handling wool in August is kooky, but it puts me in a good mood knowing cooler weather will come.  It really will.

Have a great day, I gotta run - 
Happy Sewing!




10 comments:

  1. Go uniforms! That's why I'm learning to sew -- to make great-fitting uniforms that express my personality and allow me to get dressed quickly so I can move on to other things.

    But as you know, the process of garment construction is rather time-consuming. I'm going to try to make a skirt sloper this month. I think I can do that with myself as the measurer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, anon! It will get faster, I promise. Good idea to start with a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful dress - but I am in awe of your desire to sew for other people because I'm still not tired of dressing me! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what happened to that coat. I remember it fitting really beautifully so I hope you do finish it.
    The dress looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dresses, and I'm envious of the fact that you've got the "daily uniform" figured out. I just can't seem to settle on one "look", and I'm having way too much fun playing with different outfits. Although, putting on a dress really does take no thinking time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been always see your posts, I'm starting to sew clothes.
    Beautiful site.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, even if I don't comment, I admire your creations and appreciate your blog. Oy about sewing for people. I hardly have time to sew myself although I occasionally sew a garment for people I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dress! I agree, it is fun to sew for someone else once in a while, especially since it is different that what I normally sew for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sophisticated look! I admire all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of throw on knit dresses for work. They are great for summer business wear an those mornings when you can't get act together and need a quick style fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.