Monday, July 18, 2011

The wild, wild world of sewing

Hanging around with other sewing fanatics keeps you in the safe lane of life.  I like to read murder mysteries and fiction featuring vampires, but I'll take my real life nice and safe, thankyouverymuch.

I ran into Renee recently (Cidell of Miss Celie's Pants) at one of our neighborhood fabric stores.  A place where you can write a check and they won't check your ID - because sewing ladies don't bounce checks.

We whooped it up.
maybe next time I'll open my eyes.


mock violence - she is so scared of me, too.

Anyway, you know what she said to me? "I read your post about accessorizing and I have trouble with that, too".

Huh?  Look at her!  Look at me!  Who has trouble accessorizing?  I rest my case.  Oh, and notice her hand - she wore her Princess Diana Ring.  So cute!

11 comments:

  1. It's fun to run into other sewists when you're shopping for (more!) fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to get too personal, but do you live in the Baltimore area? For some reason, I assumed you lived in New Jersey, or the New York suburbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for going shopping with me Robin! These photos are adorable :) We don't do this enough. Guss Woolens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to spread myself throughout the mid-Atlantic region :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can tell the two of you are having a great time connecting in such an inspiring place. Wonderful pics, great friendship and also through a love of sewing and fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tres cool! You guys are having too much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look like you are having a great time :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Sewing ladies don't bounce cheques.' Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.