Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jacket-A-Month: an idea

I would love to knock off this jacket- I have just the right fabric for it, too - a lovely cotton pique.  Perfect for the high temps & humidity we are experiencing in this part of the world.  Looks great with a little black dress; I'd wear a tank dress and shed the jacket outdoors, wearing the jacket indoors to ward off the chill of the air conditioning.  Admittedly, this lady and I have different needs.

I used to follow politics very carefully, but over the last year or so, it fatigues me.  I am just talkin' about the jacket - OK?  You betcha!

13 comments:

  1. The jacket is stylish--just the thing for a summer wrap--and would be crisp in a nice pique. (I'm ignoring the model; although I do like some of her outfits.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Robin, that is so cute! I'd love to make one too so I can't wait to see which pattern you choose. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could tell us what newspapers and magazines you read. :-)

    It's mind-boggling to me that Sarah Palin has gotten so much attention, but I thought the fashion critiques of her clothes last year were ridiculous. She has good taste, and it's totally appropriate for a woman politician or business person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does wear cute jackets, ya have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I anxiously await your rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cute summer jacket - I see you in it! It looks quite cool the way you've outlined it like piping, but maybe that would reduce it's wearability.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a great summer jacket that can be professional or casual. Eager to see how it turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it too! I'll be interested to see which pattern you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like this jacket very much!
    I've been wishing to make one similar to this, McCall's 5329 in a white pique fabric. I think it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A casually elegant jacket alike, even I would say that using white pique would be nice with contrast piping .... Looking forward to seeing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that Americans could even consider Sarah Palin as a potential president fatigues me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.