Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happiness in a Hotel Room

Friends, there are many varieties of bliss, right?  And, yes, some can be found in a hotel room.  Allow me to share my cell phone pics of my own special moments.  Fabric!  Displayed in my hotel room!

Blue guipure lace (Mood) and brown cotton lace (Elegant Fabrics)
Waffle weave cotton for a bathrobe and 6 pieces of silk for scarves (Paron Annex)
This is my fabric haul from an all-too-brief stop in New York City, on my way north.  I am now near Boston, Massachusetts to attend a talk on garment fitting.  You know my passion for fitting, pattern-making, alterations, and such.

This little trip was quite a challenge to plan because DH and I thought we'd just come to Boston for this and to meet up with the son & girlfriend.  Ha ha on us!  It's their spring break, LOL!  But we made it work.  All of us got to do really fun things, just not all in the same city at the same time, but we will meet up later today for a nice dinner all together.  Way fun, way fun...
And I did manage another super-duper fun treat - I got to meet Peter and we had a lovely little meet-up.  I forgot my camera, but he did a nice self-portrait of us.  I was so glad to get this and see that there was no lettuce in my teeth.  But, he's a gentleman, he probably would have warned me :)

Only one tiny thing marred the day.  I thought I was meeting a professional hockey player. That part was pretty disappointing, but I did my best to make the most of it.  I don't think he noticed.  At least we both like sewing, so, you know, we had something to talk about.

Now I really must close the computer and see what can be done about my face.  I washed my face with the hotel soap, applied makeup and promptly broke out it a big rash.  Believe me, an ugly face is not exactly what a woman wants when she has plans to meet up with Ann Steeves!

Wish me luck!!  
LOL
Happy hotel room happiness - maybe pretend you are in a hotel room if you are bored.  I highly recommend it!




9 comments:

  1. Not quite the bliss I've found in hotel rooms (hah!), but it's a very good second. ;-)

    Have fun on your travels! You're near Boston so maybe you'll meet a professional hockey player yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've experienced this in Korea - thanks to you. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked FABULOUS!!!! It was so fun to meet up with you. One of these days we'll have to converge on New York at the same time. I'd love to meet Peter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know, I know. Just got back from Original Sewing & Quilt Expo-Atlanta. Life is short....Enjoy that which makes you happy,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin,

    It was such a nice surprise to see you yesterday! ...You looked great btw! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you....sounds like a wonderful time was had by everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great trip, seeing family and meeting Peter and Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.