Friday, December 17, 2010

In Seoul!

Huge surprise to me that I've gotten my iPhone to work here. I brought it just for the camera functionality. Another surprise is that my macBook Pro is not working and can't figure that one out.
I am not allowing myself to think about the roaming charges :)

So, a little travel tip- if you get inadequate sleep the night before you leave, it is easier to sleep on the flight.
Another tidbit - don't fret too much about the time difference. As long as you are rested, that is the most important thing.
Fortunately I am with night owl young folks and I am actually energetic when they are.

And even if you feel a special bond with your daughter; even if you are proud of her courageous globe-trotting, nothing beats a hug. That afore-mentioned bond gives a mom leeway for hugging a little too hard maybe a little too long.

OK, if these kids, er young adults, don't wake up soon (it is 10:30am) here, I am going to the textile Mecca Dongdaemun by myself!

Koreans are warm and helpful people, I find.

Love from South Korea!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Robin! Have fun! Get up and go shopping. Buy some pretty fabric. You can sleep when you get home. Well rested is over rated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your daughter did not think those hugs were too hard nor too long. Hope you have a fantastic visit together....and bring back more of those interesting fabrics you always seem to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Robin, glad that you arrived safely.Have a wonderful time.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moms always give the best hugs! Have a great time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was just one great post! Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool, I'm one of your readers and this is my first comment on your blog, but I live in Seoul! Have a great time with your daughter and I'll keep an eye out for you at Dongdaemun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a terrific trip, buy some lovely fabrics but most of all: have a great time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a nice trip, enjoy it! I hope you'll post the pictures you made there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robin! Glad you're having a happy time! Enjoy yourself and sleep when you get home! K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Korea is such an intriguing place. I spent a week on holiday there once - and developed a lifelong love of Kimchi. Happy Shopping and daughter hugging.

    PS - my first reaction to your last post was not, "that's too hard" it was "that's too crazy. Jackets? Coats maybe but who needs 12 jackets?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great time and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you with your lovely daughter. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the Dongdaemum 'fabricatorium'. I want to go back and buy more buttons!! And see Nanta if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.