Saturday, December 4, 2010

finished shirt (aka the mojo killer)

About a month ago, I decided to sew another shirt, and I planned to curve the shoulder seam.  It made sense after seeing the results on this shirt.  I promptly altered the pattern and cut another shirt.  Small problem - I  made multiple mistakes on the pattern adjustment and, in my haste, I cut my TNT pattern!  Agony.  I had to go back and re-draft the TNT pattern, AND, make all sorts of fiddly corrections to the fabric in order to make it work.  As a result, it sat on my dressform for quite a while, serving as the backdrop for other projects.  I loved the fabric, so I wasn't willing to give up on it.  I just plugged away over time and I finally sewed the buttons this morning.  I love this shirt now!



And in other news, I finished the gift sewing for this year.  I made several scarves.  Here is one of them:

That's it!  I am in great shape as far as holiday preparation goes.  The only "to-do" left is to shake this cold before I fly to Korea in 10 days.  I am excited - I am going to visit my daughter during the week before Christmas.  I'll be back in time to celebrate here, so it will be the best of all options.  I mean, sure I could go to Bali with her and her boyfriend for Christmas.  I am sure I'd be welcome, right?  yeah, of course! :O
But no, I'd rather be back in the US for Christmas.

21 comments:

  1. I love the fit of your shirt . You have done a very prescise job of the alterations and it shows .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you're pleased with your complete shirt. All your adjustments turned out well and it fits perfectly. The scarf is also beautiful. Some lucky recipient will be delighted. Have a wonderful trip to Korea. Many moons ago, I worked for NW Airlines and travled to Korea twice... what a shopping heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! I feel your pain! But you powered through and made a great shirt! Come back, mojo!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice shirt. Impressed you carried on and got it to finally work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from an iPad at the apple store. Shirt looks great.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. You achieved an amazing fit. I also have relatively narrow shoulders to my hips and I know how difficult it is to get a shirt to fit and look good. Yours definitely does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, you did a fantastic job on this shirt. Love the fabric and am so impressed by the precision of your fitting details which make it perfect for you. Hope you have a fabulous trip. And yes, hope you also get rid of that cold. So it's even more impressive to see how much sewing you've accomplished when not feeling 100%

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a beautiful blue color- it looks like it was well worth the aggravation in the end. have fun on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent job with your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shirt, I especially like that collar! But I'm curious, it'd be bad to cut your tnt pattern, but why couldn't you just tape it back up? Did you throw out some pieces before you noticed? I think it's a good idea to cut any important pattern like that in cardstock, like a real production pattern..
    Anyway, I like your scarf too, but that sweater... yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've worked out your shirt fitting issues perfectly. Nice sewing, and fitting! Take your big purse to Korea and bring back some wonderful things. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fit on the shirt. And what a great idea to make the collar taller. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you finished it. The fit through the shoulders and neck is just beautiful. Get better and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And again something I wouldl like to wear too. Great fit you achieved.
    And going to see your daughter again, how wonderful. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smart shirt, and now you have got rid of the mojo killer, you can whip up something else with the freed mojo! I hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect~ looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the slightly fuller collar--as Michael Kors would say, it makes the shirt look expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Robin,
    I always enjoy your blog and all the details you share with us as you learn to fit yourself. Have a wonderful time in Korea with your daughter. I hope you find lots of little treasures to take back home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've finished all your Christmas projects and so early! Awestruck am I!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.