Friday, December 3, 2010

another mysterious shoulder fitting situation

This one is for dear reader H (DRH).   DRH writes that she can never get the shoulders to fit, and she provided me with her measurements.  I whipped up a basic bodice to her measurements and I traced it onto the muslin.  All you have to do, DRH, is insert a zipper in the back and sew up the bodice along the marked stitching lines.  I used Burda World of Fashion (BWOF) magazine pattern #140 from October 2010.
BWOF #140 from October 2010 - meant for stretch knits, but we'll start with a woven to diagnose the fit.
Because this is really a T-shirt pattern, it will be quite a snug fit right off the bat.  But I think that will be helpful.  We'll figure out the shoulder first, then work our way down the bodice.
More later,
HAPPY SEWING!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've been away from email for the past couple of days. I'll get on this when I get back home. It should be really interesting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.