Friday, November 19, 2010

this little red thread made me smile


I was just sitting at a red light this morning and saw this:
I guess I missed a piece!  I have enjoyed wearing this coat.  It feels like "me".  I have not gotten an unsolicitation on it, but I've had many compliments from friends who know I sew.  It is fun to discuss with a non-sewing person, too.  Funny how surpised people are when you tell them how long it took.  I guess sewing seems fast and easy, for some reason!
yay, it's Friday!

After 3 months, grand jury duty is finally over.  I learned about the kinds of crimes committed around here, how they are prosecuted, and the correctional system.  I am reminded that people will never stop surprising me.  And the cops I met do love donuts.

Happy Sewing!

9 comments:

  1. Oh the red basting thread.....such a great reminder that you made a Fabulous Coat! It is pretty amazing how little time people think it takes to sew! We as seamstresses definitely know better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It usually takes me a few wearings for all the bits of basting to be found and removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I bet an unsolicitation is just around the corner for you since your coat is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - better basting thread than dog hair, which is what I tend to be picking off myself always. Basting thread should be a badge of honour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny! I am often finding ephemera like that on my projects. The most bedeviling was a hair I had sewn into a skirt's hem. While walking I could feel a hair tickling my legs, but when I went to brush it off nothing happened. So I dismissed it as imagining things, but the sensation was very strong. I finally examined it carefully and found I had caught a hair in the hem stitching. I am more vigilant now about not sewing hairs into my clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slapdash, that is funny - I thought I read somewhere that seamstresses sew a thread of hair into a hem for good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I carry threads around with me everywhere I go! I find them all over my house. That was a problem when our cat was still living because she ate them and then threw them up everywhere. I carry them with me to the grocery store, church, to restaurants, etc.... Most people I see know that I sew by the threads I carry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Horrors....50 lashes with a wet noodle....here's the thing - if I counted how many times I've left pins in places that I didn't think were places and I didn't think I would ever get the blame things out, I would be feeelthy rich!!!

    Cops are great - and they deserve all the donuts they can get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a little sign that you made it. I too do find basting threads occasionally after finishing a project. And recently a pin in the sleeve of a blouse, after I visited a client. Hope it wasn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.