Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vogue Patterns on Facebook!

Someone over there is doing a good job!  On Facebook, Vogue Patterns gave a shout-out to Meg's great blog Shop the Garment District.  Then last week they found Ann Rowley linked to Ann's fabulous sewing documented on her Flickr page.  Today they linked to new-to-me blog The Style Shepherd.   

Vogue Patterns understands the power of social media -> links connect us.

We, the online sewing community; we are a resource and 
we are fueling the rising interest in home sewing.
Thank you Vogue Patterns!



Go Vogue Patterns!!
And GO, ONLINE-SEWING-COMMUNITY!


**updated on Friday, November 26:
I ordered a 2 year subscription to Vogue Patterns Magazines (it really IS a good sewing magazine- I had let the subscription lapse accidentally) and I signed up for ClubBMV.  And I am making a commitment to myself:  I will sew more Vogue patterns.  If you read my blog, you know I am not too good at using commercial patterns.  I tend to use my own drafted patterns because I am still learning how to make my fitting adjustments.  But no excuses, I am going to wear some well-designed clothing.

7 comments:

  1. I agree - Kathy Marrone commented on one of my posts and linked it to the facebook page and I was beyond thrilled. I'm an advanced beginner so it was very exciting. They do have fun posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Vogue and others are really taking note of home sewers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I just liked the Vogue Pattern page myself in the last day or two! It's exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not much of a Facebook fan. Don't have time. Hmmm, maybe better make time! Ann's Flickr tutorial is fabulous. They should make that pattern one of their patterns of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, editor Kathy Marrone is aware of the online sewing community and not afraid to interact with its members. Kudos to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thrilled to be posted on Vogue Patterns facebook page! My visit to a real couture designer inspired me to dust off my sewing machine and get back to work. And now.. I'm a new follower of 'A Little Sewing'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just signed up for a 2yr. subscription for Vogue Patterns. I am anxious to see what wonderful information awaits me in my sewing life.

    Karendee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.