Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dress Form - coming along well

Today was the final fitting for my dress form.  This is Burt, the main guy in charge at Wolf Dress Forms.   Here I am wearing the muslin I left with him when I placed the order.  He took a few measurements and checked a few things. 
The dress form is still a bit smaller than it will be when it's finished.  There is another layer to be added.
This is what the measurement chart looks like.


I am so happy with the progress on the dress form!

I also got photos of me in my skivvies; side by side with the dress form.  Now that I have studied the photos, I am thrilled with the results! 
Sorry, I am not up for posting photos of me in my underwear, though.  You can take my word for it!!


Wooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this series of posts. I am finding it really interesting to see how an indiviual dress form is made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at dress forms and would LOVE a Wolf. How very exciting for you! I will be settling for something much cheaper and less acurate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazingly cool, Robin. Thanks for sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo - I'm intrigued! That looks like a great dress form. How exciting to have something custom-made.
    MNStitch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like having a sister! I wish I could have one made in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting! Thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool - I love watching this process unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting :)
    It does look like you ~ She will be so perfect to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooo hooo indeed. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that is soooo cool. I am sooo jealous. You're going to have such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo