Monday, July 12, 2010

Stripey Dress

I bought this fabric at Mood when I went to NYC last November.  It seemed so cheerful.  I made another version of Jalie 2793 (my 3rd one this summer!)
For the modesty panel, I was completely out of fabric, so I stitched scraps together to make a checkerboard print.  I was thinking of Allison's Burda 123 dress (from June 2010) when I did it.  Isn't it amazing what she did with her fabric and that simple pattern?  I am going to sew more simple patterns and do my best to make them interesting.  We decided to spend a week at the beach this summer and I want cool beachy clothes. 
Wow, been so busy lately... I worked again this weekend which honestly does not bother me because a quick peek at the news reminds me how fortunate I am to have a job, not to mention grateful that I found a line of work that is enjoyable for me.  Here's some career advice, spend 20 years in accounting.  Then get a job doing something less routine and voila- you, too, will love your job!  It's pretty easy, all except for the 20 years part.  ha ha hahahh hha !!  Hey, well, nobody said life was easy, now, did they?

HAPPY MONDAY... come on, you can do it.  Friday will roll around soon enough.
xoxoxoxox

13 comments:

  1. Your dress is lovely! I like the innovation and how you worked with the stripes. Isn't it wonderful to know that a pattern fits so that it allows your creative mind to play and you get to turn out a pretty dress like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I agree with you, the fabric is very cheerful. I love you you've arranged the stripes to give it lots of visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superific dress! Making a checkerboard modesty panel was very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress, it is a very cheerful fabric and it will be perfect at the beach. Great detail for the modesty panel.

    OK so I am in my 31st year :) is it finally time to quit and go do something I "really" love :) I wish voila was that easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. Truly, I love everything about this. It's fun and bright. And I love stripes. And, I love red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun summer dress and I'm glad I inspired you to be able to make the modesty panel - the checks are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress! Have fun at the beach.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of stripes and particularly the checkerboard effect. You'll have to post a picture with it on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fun dress! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute -- love the modesty panel area!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great dress and brilliant idea for the panel, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really, really like this dress, and I love your creation of fabric for the modesty panel. I admire that type of thriftiness, it's usually seen in 30's-40's clothes. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.