Monday, July 5, 2010

darted sleeve caps - I likee

I did not finish this dress this weekend.  And as you can see, I sure didn't leave myself much for hems, did I?
Oh well!  I'll make it work.  I got far enough to see how the darted sleeves really look - and I must say, this is just as pretty as I saw it in my mind's eye during my lesson with Susan.  This looks OK in a sleeveless version, but much cuter with the sleeves.  It was a little scary before I pressed them (think puffy sleeves).

Obviously, if I knew how to use Photoshop, I'd remove the streetlight next to my head (and all the cars in the background, for that matter).  It was dusk when Howie snapped these shots.  It's soooo warm and perfectly summery right now.  I say that from the comfort of an air conditioned room.  Frankly, if A/C did not exist, I would just have to move north.  Summer is not my thing!  But I am hanging tough :)  Teal toenails this time. 
I hope you can see the little pleats in the sleeve caps.

I think we North Americans have it covered this week, right? Canada Day and 4th of July, check.  We watched some of this soccer thing that's happening.  Germany was very fun to watch!  I must say, I am rooting for Deutschland to keep winning at soccer.  
OK, if I am discussing sports, I obviously have really nothing much to say, so I will just wrap it up, now! :)
More sewing when the mojo returns!

14 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling barefoot summery. It is so cold here i can barely feel my toes. Love your dress, especially the fabric. Suggest using a hem binding to maximise the length of your garment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am laughing at your rambling. This dress looks really well fitted. Those sewing classes are definitely paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good! Is this the dress requiring the lining?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress looks great, love the summery print fabric and the fit looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress fits beautifully. Nice work! I hate hot weather. Moving north won't help you. Here in MI, the temps are nearing 100 degrees! And we live on the water, where it's supposed to be cooler. Not so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty dress !

    If you're going to move north keep going past Montreal - so far we're on our 3rd day of 30s °C - yesterday 32, today 33, tomorrow 34! Thank goodness for AC - although we've had problems with a sensor in the car and everytime we turn it on, I cross my fingers it works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pleated sleeve . I think I like it even better than the "eased in" sleeve.

    :)Deb M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work - the fitting is exceptional and the color suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dress, perfect fit too. Good addition to the summer wardrobe. The Dutch will play in the final match! The rest of the family is very thrilled about that, I'm not so "into" soccer, but the color orange is very dominating all around right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome! it has such a nice fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great dress and fit!! Nice for this hot weather we are having on the east coast....yikes. mid 90s....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!!
    Summery does not begin to describe it -- it is just plain HOT!!!!! Ths is late August heat, not beginning of July heat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful fit! Nice work. I also love your toes:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this dress's shape. I think the hem (once sewn up) is the perfect length on you, any longer and it would make you look short. A longer dress would work better when a dress is a different shape (either narrower or with a fuller skirt). This is great as it is: it's a really lovely fit, suits you very well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo