Sunday, June 13, 2010

like a kid with candy - another version of Jalie 2793

Thank you all for your encouraging comments.  It is so much fun to sew along with you.  We have taken a solitary pursuit and turned it into a wonderful social team activity.  Sewing is more fun than ever, and I have loved sewing since I was a young girl, so that's saying something.

I made another dress; started after 9am and finished by noon.  Finally getting some payback on all the effort spent learning to sew knits and unlocking mysteries of the good fit. 
My skinned knees are nice and red today, but I guess they aren't too visible in this pic.  I took a big flying tumble on our long walk yesterday.  Didn't really hurt myself at all; just having skinned knees is a novelty.  It makes me feel like a kid in summer and that's a good thing.

I am so glad I took the time to sew another version while it was fresh in my mind.  Sometimes the workweek is so intense I have to re-introduce myself to my project.  That's how my zebra jacket will be.  It's up in Baltimore and I hope to get back to it soon.  All it needs are cuffs, bottom band, buttons and buttonholes.  I sure am sewing a lot of black and white, but that's just what feels fresh to me.  (OK, I confess, I hate changing the thread on the machines! LOL, every time I start something new, if it uses black thread, I'm like "Yes!"  I promise I will change the thread soon and sew a color :)

~*~ happy humidity!  hee hee it is MUGGY here in the Washington DC area today!! ~*~

16 comments:

  1. I love this dress and the print is gorgeous. I love black and white too, it does seem fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new drass and you look fabulous. It is hot and humid here in the midwest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great dress and I bet no one at work will notice that they are the same pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How quick was that!? I like the black and white one best, but both are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress and like you I hate changing threads especially in my serger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You sewed that up so quickly, and it looks fantastic! I agree about the sewing "community" making it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill Cunningham's column in the Times today was all black and white graphic tops and dresses. you're right in style Robin. I do like this black and white version a lot. They are very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another pretty dress! I love the blogging community also. It's rather like a sewing club. I wish we had a chat room though. Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just look so wonderfully cute in that dress with the little black flats. No one will notice your knees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful new dresses and two in such a short timeframe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What adorable dresses - and I love your little flats! I made this pattern into a dress a couple of years ago and it's still a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent Job Robin. I'm the same with serger threads I try to sew the same colour projects together. But I've never sewn an entire garment with the serger. Both dresses are great and they look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great dress. Love the simplicity of the black and white. It fits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your new dress!! Sorry to hear about the skinned knees :-/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dress looks really good on you. I see why you made more than one.

    You took skinned knees and turned them into a affirmation of eternal youth!!!!! I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both Jalie dresses look great on you! The fit is wonderful. Ouch on the knees! I can still see the scars on my knees caused by the combination of clumsiness and roller-skating on bumpy concrete sidewalks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.