Sunday, May 9, 2010

madras dress!

What a nice Mother's Day I had!  I hope you did, too.
It was pretty chilly, so I started the day with leggings and a jean jacket:

Howie cooked a wonderful batch of chili which we ate with frankfurters and his yummy potato salad.  My mom, my siblings and their spouses and kids came over.  We all got loud and silly, as per usual.

Here comes Monday.  Here comes cutover to the upgrade of our ERP system at work! 
Big, big project at work is coming to fruition this Friday. 

I painted my toenails blue while I talked to Laura on skype this morning.
I *heart* Laura!

More dresses!

16 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute, looks great on you, the jean jacket and leggings gives it a whole new look too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I just purchased some madras fabric and think I'll copy you and make a simple sheath dress. It's such a cheerful look for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Sounds like you had a good mothers day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dress looks fab. Love the shoes and the blue toenails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that fabric at Hobby Lobby. I love it. Nice dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is really cute and you should definitely make more for spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress looks so fresh and summer-like, and the fit is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable in your new dress - love the toes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress! Perfect pairing of fabric and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love that dress! I also love the blue toenails - it's been ages since I painted my nails a fun color. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, it's very summery and I do like the alternative look with leggings and jeans jacket.

    (and I just caught up reading, what a lot going on with your car, glad it's all solved)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this. So fun and summery! Too bad it's barely 60 today :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you, all cute in your madras! What a super looking little dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a nice mother's day. Love the madras dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great!! I just love madras, but I think I have already mentioned that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo