Sunday, January 17, 2010

finally, a sewn item for my husband!

There is an old saying that the everyone has shoes but the cobbler's wife.  Everyone in the family has something sewn by me except my husband! 

I only had a little time this weekend, so I thought knit top was in order.  But I've been having trouble with a looper on my serger so that baby is headed in to the shop for service. 

What to do?  A ha!  Finish that quilt

It wasn't too hard once I got rolling.  I did not hand-baste or use safety pins, I ended up using a soluble temporary spray glue (Helmar 101) on the advice of classmates at the machine mastery class.
Next up - I will bind the edges.  I need to read up on how to do that, but can't be too hard, right?

DH & I decided it would make a good lap quilt and he volunteered to enjoy it :)


*Happy Anniversary to Us*

8 comments:

  1. I love your anniversary quilt!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I love the lap quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. It's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Robin - this is awesome! And the very best wishes for both of you on your anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May all your anniversaries remain happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! The quilt is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.