Saturday, January 16, 2010

check this out- if you can sew, you can build

Sorry I have nothing stylish of my own to share today.  I am sewing curtains.  Check out this blog I recently discovered:
Knock Off Wood and read about the author Ana White.

She has a real can-do attitude (and aptitude) that resonates with me, and I bet a lot of sewing fans will relate to her, too.  People like us, we are an interesting bunch; with our analytical & creative abilities.

Once again, I say Yay for the Internet!

*Hope your weekend is a creative one*

7 comments:

  1. What this girl can do with a 2x4, a saw, hammer, nails and paint is amazing. Best photo was her daughter painting her own chair though. Now I want to make a bench for the foot of the bed in my guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that photo! So cute- she gave her 3yo toddler the tiniest paint brush she could find and let her have at it. Smart way to keep toddler entertained and what a cute chair. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana's work is amazing. She makes you feel that anyone can build her own furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that site yesterday via Young House Love and was really impressed. Bookmarked it of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fabulous and inspiring blog. I love that ANa considers herself a wuss about the saw...power tools intimidate me. But after all, my sewing machine is just a different power tool, and it's already a Huskvarna tool:-) Watching the Ravens here in FL with fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've gotten so many fabulous sites from your surfing! Thanks for doing all the footwork for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous site. And inspiring too. There are several things I want to make. And I love her spirit and the way she let her daughter help. I'm a wuss about the power saw too, but I'd rather build it myself than pay a lot of money for something I could build just as badly, or maybe even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.