Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kelly's dress finished (yay!)

Keep in mind, this is on my dress form- Kelly has a youthful figure so it will look different on her.

I actually finished this right after Thanksgiving.  It was the first thing I worked on for Christmas presents.  I used a pattern from Burda World of Fashion magazine.  The fabric is one of her favorite colors and it's a very cosy rayon double knit.  All of the seams are reinforced with various weights of elastic to help the dress keep its shape.  The skirt is very full (she loves maxi dresses).  A winter princess dress.
And this concludes my holiday sewing for Christmas 2009. 
:}>- jingle those bells, baby -<{:

16 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Very nice :-) And hooray for finishing the gift sewing!
    I'm almost done with my christmas sewing.... soooo close now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! The length is wonderful. I'm a long dress girl, too. Which BWOF was this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks wendy and KID, MD.
    The pattern is #118 from May 2008.
    It was one of their rare tall patterns which is why you don't see many reviews for it. A shame because it's a really cute design. I had to re-shape the sleeves and the armscyes using another pattern that I knew fit her. I wonder if anyone even uses those tall patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks terrific. And finished Christmas sewing with days and days to go, fabulous time management.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant. Would love to see it on Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress looks beautiful! What a great Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cute!! What a fantastic Christmas present. I wish I had that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an elegant dress (and it looks cozy too)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I does look comfy and cozy, too! And yay that your finished with your Christmas sewing! I still have a few things to finish up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've been a busy bee! This is a gorgeous dress—well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! All your gifts are wonderful - I've been watching you post them all. I do hope those getting them realize the labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, it looks wonderful! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh! i can't wait to try it on! Thanks Robin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some nice gifts there! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.