I had to baste almost every seam by hand before machine stitching. I am a little vain about my manual dexterity, so this was a little surprising to me.
In fact my first try at sleeve plackets ended in the trash can. And I have done that a zillion times with cotton shirting. For my 2nd try, I added a seam to the sleeve so the placket was incorporated in the seam. Worked like a charm.
So you might think this would generate some frustration, but no - not at all. This fabric was just so nice to handle that the project was a pleasure from beginning to end. Plus I learned new things and that is always nice.
There is one more person on my list and I have a jolly good present planned for him. I thought I'd sew him a corduroy shirt, but with limited time remaining, I am going down a different path. I am pretty psyched about it and I will post when I have pictures.