Thursday, November 19, 2009

Today's work




I bought this fabric and dropped it off at a dry cleaner to get it steamed while I spent the day getting my muslin fitted by Kenneth. 
Then he showed us how to transfer the marks on the muslin back to the pattern paper. That is very different from the way Susan works. She uses the muslin as the pattern for the garment. It was fascinating to watch two master teachers at work and I learned from my project and from others' projects.
(And of course, after this I will want to take one of Susan's classes so I can learn her way, too!! natch)

BUT THE BEST PART ... was meeting up with Lizzy after class.
She sparkles.

I held out my left arm to take this self portrait in front of her dorm.
*a good day*

9 comments:

  1. I know that look. I had the pleasure of shopping in NY's Garment District on 11/7. I was like a kid in a candy store! I plan to make at least two trips a year from now on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! And the prices! I knew the selection would be great but I never realized the prices would be so low. I am hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an incredible day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the prices would be higher in the garment district! Looks like you are having a really good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabric - looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really would love to do a course with Kenneth and Susan. Just 26 flying hours away...maybe I could manage it..?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.