Monday, October 19, 2009

J.Stern T-shirt and BWOF pants finished!

I love this t-shirt!  I used a 4-way stretch so it was possible to use the stripe either vertically or horizontally:


And the pants are the April 2009 #118 from BurdaWorld of Fashion.

Both of these were new patterns for me, so fitting adjustments were required. 

I'll write a review at patternreview as soon as I have time.
If highly recommend this pattern for a cute alternative to a boring old t-shirt.
MAKE SURE YOU MEASURE!  This runs small.  Don't even look at the back of the envelope, look at the actual tissue pattern and compare a TNT or just pull out the tape measure and make sure it's big enough.  I ended up with a XL.  I would have been very upset if I had cut a medium and ruined the pattern.
Luckily I always have to alter the shoulders and I always compare a TNT pattern, so I could see it was running very small.
But, boy this is a FAST project and her instructions are excellent!!
Happy Monday! I gotta hit the gym, like NOW.

9 comments:

  1. You handled those stripes very well. That's a very nice looking t-shirt. Unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of stripes. Thanks for the heads-up on the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very cute in your top. It's youthful in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit - I love how you used the stripes on the T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also liking the stripes! You achieved a great fit on the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to see this top made up.
    It looks great on you and I also like how you worked the stripes.
    You did a wonderful job fitting the pants too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those stripes - very cool shirt!!!! The pants look great also!!
    Have fun at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your shirt. The stripes really make it a *wow* t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you used the stripes. I have this pattern in my list of patterns to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.