Friday, September 18, 2009

Tank Top and Tunic Together- finally!

More than a year ago, I made a silk chiffon tunic. I loved the fabric and I loved the pattern but the end result was a little off. I never wore it.

Then in June 2009, I got a piece of solid blue silk crepe de chine and I made a tank top to wear under the tunic. I never wore the tank top, either!

The tunic just didn't hang right.
So this week, while I had free time, I pulled the tunic out of the depths of the closet and decided I had made the neckline too high in the back, which made it shift to the back. I cut the neckline down by an inch (the facing was originally 2 inches wide - you can see I cut it down to 1 inch at center back.
Now the hem hangs level all the way around - tunic saved from wadderville!



We have typical autumn weather, cool in the morning but up to 81 degrees Fahrenheit by late afternoon. We went to the movies and saw "Informant!". What a great movie!!
If you were an adult working in a corporate setting in the 1980s-90s, you will recognize the decor and fashion. I just loved that aspect of the film, not to mention the soundtrack. The lush orchestration by Marvin Hamlisch really set the mood. Loved it!





8 comments:

  1. Great save! They look great paired together and I can see why you would want to save this top,the print is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your silk tunic remake. And I love your J Jill garments; they are so classic yet trendy!

    Karen aka Karendee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tunic and tank! Glad you were able to rework them and get them to where you could wear them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabric in the tunic. the set works well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you were able to save this wadderville. Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute combination - glad you were able to fix your former wadders!!!!! I also like the term "wadderville"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Save!!! Don't you love it when you are able to do something like this? Wouldn't be possible for a non-sewist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on that save! You look great. Now I must see "The Informant!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.