Friday, July 3, 2009

what day is it?

Relief! I pulled a few all-nighters to get the job done and now I can relax. June 30 is my hardest time of year. I actually did some mending at weird hours of the night, while waiting to proceed with next steps in the workplan. I had a nice piece of silk, in case I felt up to some real sewing, but alas, did not possess the necessary attention span to do any real sewing.
That's cool. So glad I have a 3 DAY WEEKEND!!

Look how clean my home office is! I work completely with a computer now- I don't even have pencil & paper! This surprises me- I had doubts I would ever give up my paper. But I guess old dogs can learn new tricks.


update: yeah, karmapolice commented about my laptop (where is the computer screen?!) It's there! This angle is weird, the screen is sitting up in a way that makes it look invisible.
But it makes me think about a sewing idea. I would like to make a pillow-ish thing to put on my lap for the computer. But it has to include ventilation somehow.
Currently, I place a pillow on my lap, a board on top of the pillow and the laptop sits on the board. The white board is a shelf from the closet, actually. I heard that if you leave a laptop on a pillow for too long it will overheat and kill it.
Back to the fun stuff. Outdoors, sunshine, etc.

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. That is my kind of office! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im confused..where is the screen to your computer?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great office! I bought my husband a thingy to set his laptop on that is just like you described. He uses it constantly (from his couch potato position!). Guess it works! I found it at Target for around $20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo