Saturday, July 4, 2009

Leopard print mesh knit

I really wanted to sew my newest fabrics, but my patterns & notions are a little confused between Rockville and Baltimore.

Well, that's a good reason to have plenty of backup fabric on hand, eh? Isn't this a wild print? (for me anyway). I bought it from EmmaOneSock quite a while back and I wasn't sure if I liked it. Today I fell in love with it.
I am really starting to like wearing tank tops on the weekends, or layered during the week for work.
It was a fiddly bit of work because I had to piece it together in the front. Since I had enough, I went ahead and doubled the front panel. You can really see the shape of the piecing (like a reverse princess seam) when viewing from inside out.

When I tested my first seam on the coverhem, there was a pronounced tunnelling effect. I decided it was a happy accident - because it gave a bit more stability. This is some very stretchy fabric. The neckline, armscye and hems are just a simple turned over hem, but the tunnelling makes it look like I used a binder. Neato trick.
When I look at these pictures I think I might go get a real haircut. It's been over a year since a professional touched my hair and I think it's time :)
*Happy Independence Day*




8 comments:

  1. I love me an animal print! This one is unusual, with it's multiple colors. Great tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin I love both tops! Did you draft them with, is it Bernina My Label you use? The tank fits you GREAT! The double layer for the CF panel is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shape of the tank - those princess seams are really nice. You look great wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in it! What a cool print, too, not the typical run-of-the-mill leopard print. I love the shrug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your shell - it's really great and love how you put up the opaque side in front...what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pattern,, it looks good on you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this top! I'm a sucker for animal prints, too and this is very cute. I just bought a purple jersey animal print that I am hankering to turn into a dress. I might just move it to the top of my list now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.