Thursday, June 4, 2009

When life gives you lemons ...

Make lemonade!

In order to respond to this lovely award, I jotted down a few ideas and how they pop into my thoughts on a daily basis.

Acceptance - Life is as it is. The shortcut to happiness is to accept things just as they are.

Boredom - Boredom is a glorious gift; a moment of rest before the next big deal. When I get bored, I stop to really enjoy it for a moment.
Time - I have some! Do I seem like a happy person to you? Well, it is because I have a good balanced life- with enough time for everything that is important.

Creativity - The best gift of all; it fuels me and propels me.

Love - Love is the super-glue that connects us.

Growth - No matter what happens, at the very least, it will be an opportunity for growth. And growth is vital to life

Acceptance - It comes back around to acceptance. It sounds like a Buddhist koan, but it is true: I have everything a person could want; I accept this.


Attitude of Gratitude - The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate a few blogger's that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award.
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude.
....
In life, sometimes the going gets tough. I've had my share of disappointment and grief. At those low moments, I extrapolated out into the future and I imagined life was not working out too well for me. But I was wrong.
I really had no idea of all the wonderful things that would happen. Like- the internet? Who could have dreamed that one up? I found my husband on the internet! And he is the perfect man for me.
Information technology (I mean, come on, who knew I would wind up with a job I love?? I thought I was some oddball creative sort who would never quite fit into the working world)
Being a mother - whoa. There is a young adult out there, and I gave birth to her, and I really like my child. I have completely passed the baton to her; to carry on and have fun. [Whew, lucky break on that one!]
Food - I love food. It tastes so good. :)
I could go on. And on.
Oh yeah, humor, I sure do love to poke fun at mostly everything possible.
So hmmm, you know it's hard to pick just a few blogs - I read a lot of them. SO I will just go with some impulses...
I got to meet Barbara in person a few weeks ago. That was fun! And I have also met the glamorous Cidell - we live in the same bee-yoo-tiful town. I love following her blog.
Eva is on my mind because she will have a baby soon, and she sewed an awesome maternity wardrobe.
Then there is stash, who's been quite busy lately, but I hope she'll have time to be online again soon.
And my friend in Vermont who is too lazy to blog (I have you figured out; you know who you are!)
I am really grateful for the sewing community. Thank you Ann, for sending this along, it has been a rewarding exercise to ponder this subject!!

2 comments:

  1. Checking out your blog I saw you nominated me for this! Well, thank you! :) And I really like your "ideas"- very well put. I just have to reflect on the "boredom"-one... That's Master level!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo