Monday, June 22, 2009

Tank top, gored skirt, pants

I finished my 3 piece capsule. The fabric is a heavy, drapey 4-way stretch rayon from G Street. It is a very pretty shade of dark blue. It was really nice to work with - not all fussy the way jersey can be. All patterns are self-drafted. The pants and the skirt have wide elastic waist bands (I used 1.5" wide elastic - I like it for comfort.)



Inspired by the new Christine Jonson Travel Trio pattern, I inserted princess seams into my TNT pants pattern. I just got the new pattern in the mail and I plan to make the jacket soon. I got swatches of her fabrics and I like having them to look at and play with before I decide what to buy.
I went out and had my toenails painted blue today. It just seemed like a good idea. Archie agrees.

I hope you get a piece of the sunshine today,
Happy Sewing
:)





15 comments:

  1. Great Job! Love the new outfit AND the toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the clothes and toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit. The skirt reminds me of a New Look pattern I have and can make a quick skirt from. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some great new additions to your wardrobe. Love the blue toes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great trio! Fun idea about the seams on the pants, and I just love the skirt. It hangs so nicely and has just the right shape/length. Does the pattern you made have cut on godets (so flares out at the bottom, trumpet skirt) or are the panels a straight a-line shape?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Eva! The panels have cut on godets. My last gored skirt was more of an A-line and I wanted it to be flippier this time. feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your tank, skirt and pants. Those pants fit you well. After seeing the princess seams in the pants, I like them better than I thought I would. Love the toes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always liked vertical seams in knit pants. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit. The fit is wonderful. Wish I could draft my own patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, the fit is great and the princess seamed pants really work! But just what is that kitty trying to say? Is it about the toes????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very flattering set - good basic color to combine with other items. Love the toes and the kitty's expression!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *very* nice. can i steal the top? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fabulous in those garments. Good job! Nice toesnails also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mini wardrobe - beautiful fit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new additions to your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo