Monday, June 29, 2009

Sewing for the Joy of It

Yesterday was a graduation party for my niece and I decided I wanted to sew a simple fabric envelope for the card I was giving her. One thing led to another. First I sewed a few different pieces together, then it needed a zipper and of course, it had to be lined! I just used the same thought process as if I were sewing a slipcover for a cushion. I made it the right size to hold pencils, or perhaps makeup brushes.DO YOU LOVE THAT PEN??? It says "Electrolysis Is Us" and it was part of a big bag of funny pens that Kelly got for Howie. (There was even one called "Howie's House of Hair" - it was a gag gift type of thing)


I felt so full of joy as I raced through this project - the fabrics are from Purl Soho. They are scraps from a bundle that I got for my birthday. Fun stuff.
Lizzy graduated from high school and got accepted at the college of her choice and we are all so very proud of her.
Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Well done Lizzy. My daughter is doing the Australian Higher School Certificate this year (ours ends in November) so I know how difficult it is to get accepted into your first option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when a little project just carries you away!?!

    And, congratulation to Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute and Well done! A great way to relieve job stress.

    Good for Lizzie. A very happy situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Lizzie...all her hard work is beginning to pay off. This is when they really learn they aren't doing it for their parents, they are doing it for themselves. Bravo...

    Love the pens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darn cute! My niece is going off to college too and I just want to make her all sorts of things like this. I'll blog about the throw I am making her just as soon as I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to her! What a fun little thing to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo