Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's a nice day for sewing!

It is POURING down buckets of rain outside. So, for a change of pace, I thought I'd do a little sewing :)
Here is an answer to a question I got about my twist top, which I blogged about here.

Q: How far is the knot from the center front seam?The end result:
If you have a question about something I have sewn, feel free to email me. I split my time between two homes (and two sewing rooms!) so I might not always have the answer handy, but I will do my best! Also, my brain is like a sieve; just fyi. If I forget, just remind me (and accept my apologies for my forgetfulness)
I am really getting into sewing with knits.
Happy Sewing, y'all.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Trish and I have recently found your blog (wanted to introduce and say HI!). I am (today) playing with a similar twist top pattern, knowing it isn't gonna fit me, and toying with the idea of drafting my own from my basic blouse block. You mentioned creating your own pattern (very nice top, BTW!)...was it from scratch, or did you just combine a few different ones? I am using Butterick 4789, FYI.
    TIA,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, I did the same thing you are planning to do- I started with a basic bodice. I read some of your blog and it looks like you have a nice fitting bodice pattern, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top turned out great! The fit is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, you're the best! Thank you so much for the details. I redrafted that curve yesterday without having seen your post. I'll definitely be comparing how close my version came to yours. I really like your finished top, so that's the look I'm going after. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang - you lucky dog....would the rest of the world stop so I can catch up on some ideas....your twist-o-rama t-shirt looks really delicious and would love to do this...it goes on "the list"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing with knits is the best! Thank you for showing how you made your twist front top- it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo