Friday, May 1, 2009

This isn't asking too much, is it?

Can my shoulders look like this?

The photo above appears in a post on a blog called Made by Hand - the great sartorial debate.
The post The Myth of Mobility goes into wonderful detail on sleeve fitting, especially as it relates to the placement of the sleeve on the bodice.

While I was reading, I saw the term "rope shoulder" which I had never heard before. So I looked in google images for a rope shoulder and here's what I found:

Hey, I likeee!!! Can I have shoulders like that? This photo comes from an article at the men.style website. You can see more examples by searching google images on "roped shoulder".

I know, I know, I am just making a t-shirt. Perhaps I would enjoy a tailoring project? Oh yes! Maybe there will be time for that after I have sewn some simple basics for summer.

And thanks for all the congratulations on the weight loss. I hardly feel deserving of credit- since I wasn't even trying to lose weight. All I wanted was to be free of pain. I was a little worried about why the pain continued even a year after surgery. Changing my diet was so easy compared to not knowing what was going on.

No pills to take, no surgical procedures, just change my diet. Being pain-free is all the motivation I need to steer clear of wheat /gluten.

Happy Friday and Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Shoulders??? Where can I get that waist??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are probably right!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up on the last two posts. You look great.

    Gluten free can be a bit of a pain, but I agree, to be free of the pain and discomfort is such great motivation. I was diagnosed as being full-on celiac so totally no wheat/gluten for me. But it is amazing how much better I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard from other people how painful Celiac is. It's a blessing you found out what was causing your trouble, and you're able to control it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great tailoring links!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.