Saturday, April 18, 2009

a beautiful day for shopping

Barbara was in town visiting her son and we got to meet up at G Street Fabric in Rockville.
If you haven't been to G Street, it is huge and they have tons of everything. They sell Bernina sewing machines. In this shot, you can see the wool platform where all the suitings are:
(click to enlarge)
There was a sale and we had coupons. Barbara doesn't have a great fabric store nearby, so she took advantage of the wonderful selection.
We also went next door for coffee and quiche and lots of talk. We are both parents of extraordinary children, so we have a lot in common!
Can you believe all that fabric??
I am glad that Barbara's son has moved to DC. That means more visits in the future! It is wonderful to meet up in person with online friends.
Yay for the interwebs.




9 comments:

  1. I love GStreet Fabrics - so glad that you and Barbara had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at G Street last week! I recognized the setting right away. I love that store. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So green with envy! Where's your fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love G Street Fabrics. I have been there 4 or 5 times in the past 7 years. I am going to be traveling to DC next Sunday for a business trip. I am hoping to take time to go to G Street on Monday or Tuesday evening. Fingers Crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so envy the visit you two had; wish I had been with you. Sorry the rest of the group were unable to make the trip to your area; even the thought of the trip produced great excitement.

    Your quilting looks lovely, and is indeed fun to do.

    Karen aka Karendee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the pictures Robin, makes me realize too just how sunburnt I got along the way. The old Nova Scotia skin, even with sunscreen, went into shock. What a nice morning we had, will have to organize another one soon. The only thing better than the fabric was the company.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo