Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vest-y Missoni sweater knit

Here's where the Missoni sweater knit stands. The sleeves are folded up to see if I like it, and I do. Perhaps the elbow length sleeves will work on a future project. The band is sewn (thank you for your comments!! It really helped) And I still need to devise a hem or some kind of seam finish.
I found the prettiest buttons -they look like mother of pearl in a dark plum color (sorry karent, I ran over to G Street! :)
I took a scrap of the knit with me and I picked up a couple knits that will be perfect for long sleeved t-shirts. I have noticed that I wear the same thing every weekend, so it's time to sew some weekend clothes, too.
Fun! I hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend.
Happy Sewing!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! My eye always just skipped over the Missoni knits, but now that I have seen the fabulousness that you and other folks produce with them, I might have to take another look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gtreat job, well worked out one step at a time :-)

    I have seen a dress made up on another blog in the same knit(Sew Tessuti) but it looks as if they have left the hem cut in a zig zag and it is fraying, doesn't look too good but not sure if it was finished.

    I will definitely put these knits on my 'must have' list for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That really turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out really well! The short sleeves will be more versatile for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Makes me want to make a trip to Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I like this a lot! Really snazzes up the weekend wear. Me too, seems like I always put on the same old thing every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cardigan is so pretty. I like the narrow band and the shorter sleeves. I saw the picture of the fabric on Renee's blog too. Fortunately, I don't live near A Fabric Place and Michael had not posted the fabric on his web site yet that day or I would have added some to my stash. Yes, I know it is on his web site now. Trying to resist the urge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently bought 2.5 mts of Missoni Verdi from Tessuti's in Sydney (my spiritual home) www.tessuti.com.au. The original plan was for an a-line dress, but now I'm thinking long coat. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like final result. All those options and you obviously made the right choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.