Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Long Sleeved T-Shirts

I sewed 3 new long-sleeved T-shirts to go with my Missoni knit cardigan. This was an exciting event for me because I made good use of my coverhem machine for the first time. For the necklines, I just turned the edge over (about 3/8" seemed good). You can see on the purple shirt, I used purple thread in the needles, but lazily left the black in the looper.
I am so pleased with how easy this was! I have to thank Debbie Cook who puts fantastic tutorials on her blog Stitches and Seams. My dealer recommended that I get the Babylock Eclipse, you know the one with 28 spools of thread and it looks like a space ship. Thanks to Debbie, I knew to get 2 separate machines. I got the Imagine overlock and the BLCS coverhem. I keep them side by side, making it very easy to whip up a quick knit top. The dealer didn't even have the coverhem in stock; in fact they were puzzled that I wanted it as a separate machine.
And the dark olive works great with a cardigan I made a while back, so I am wearing it today.
Yay!
So does the color in this room look incredibly pretty?? I know, I know!! It is scrumptious.
I have painted the WHOLE condo over the last 2 weeks. That is 2 coats of paint in 4 rooms.
It looks amazing. When I have completed the window treatments I will give you a little tour of the "after" pictures.
I highly recommend the design advice from This Young House blog. Only $60 for a phone call (I got the quickie decorating chat- I sent in pictures and Sherry called me with advice).
My expectations were way, way exceeded. I really don't do well with decorating decisions. I agonize, then I second-guess myself. This way, I just execute the plan and enjoy it.



14 comments:

  1. I still love that blue floral cardigan. The colors are so perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've added all sorts of fantastic color! I think that your Missoni cardi has been a real inspiration. My sewing suite is a very similar shade to your walls. I love it.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great combo's for the missoni cardigan. At the last picture I thought you had been in my closet: I have this combination too! Exactly the same print for the cardigan and a brown tee to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't look like a woman who has just painted a house, twice! You look wonderful in your new tops and cardis. Great colors for rooms and fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice coordinates for the Missoni and perfect for spring, too. I agree with Wendy, I like the blue floral, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are obviously have fun with your new machines. Good for you! Your tops are pretty. Love the blue cardigan and your room. That's a lot of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tops! And looking forward to the "reveal" of the condo. I have been checking out their blog after you mentioned them last time. She sure has talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of getting a coverstitch machine. It sounds like it is much better as a stand alone, and not part of a serger.
    Your tops looks great. I love the floral print and the great colors in your Missoni cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Missoni cardigan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice T's. I am waiting on my new coverstitch machine. I didn't get the Babylock but got the Janome 1000CP. Hoping it will arrive soon. I have a lot to learn with using it though I have been using a serger for years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's almost the same color on your walls as I have sitting in a can, waiting for my bedroom walls! I think it all looks so fresh and pretty. When I get it all done I'll post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful cardigan! I'm going to have to look into a coverstitch machine if I ever manage to get back into sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Now I know what a coverhem machine does - thanks to your close up photo and leaving the black thread in the looper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.