Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cleansing the palette; inspiration

I really enjoy looking at a blog called my love for you is a stampede of horses. In today's post is this crazy haiku. A print is available for sale here.
I did a little sewing this weekend - an alteration for my co-worker Miss Holly. She was supposed to be maid of honor in her friend's wedding when she was 9 months pregnant. She had her baby the day before the wedding so she never got to wear the dress.

I just de-constructed the bodice and took in the side seams and put it back together. Then I had to cut 2.5 inches off the front hem to be be level with the floor. The side seams are all finished, I just need to hem it (lots of rolled hems on lining, dress and chiffon overlay)

It is sooo pretty and I enjoyed working on a short project, especially cuz it made Miss Holly so happy. My co-workers are nice.
Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.