Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jeans - hmmm, pleasantly surprised!

Here are some photos of my jeans as I sewed them. I used plaid (leftover from pillows I made for Daniel) for the pockets. I will re-draft the pockets to make them extend all the way to the center front seam next time. That way they will lay flat and look /feel nicer. And I won't use a metal zipper again. It was too hard to sew the seam that comes down around the bottom of the zipper.


I used stitch #157 Bar Tack! That was fun.


I did not sew the belt-loops because I never tuck in my shirts anyway.

Thanks to hubby for taking my pictures!


So, OK. Jeans.




Also this weekend, I hemmed 5 pairs of pants for Laura. She did the smart thing and bought clothes for work. I would have happily sewn for her, but as she said, it was just so much faster and easier this way. Sigh. She is leaving for Korea very, very soon. I am keeping my tear ducts well flushed. That's good for them, right?


So, what shall I sew next? I love it when I am finished with one project and completely open for inspiration to select my next project. Ideas are bubbling.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fit and nice topstitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, the jeans look great and the fit, especially the rear view, is excellent. What an adventure for your daughter to be going to Korea! Maybe she will bring some interesting fabrics home when she returns.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog! Love it. And the jeans are a great fit. This winter, it is on my to do list! cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your jeans. They are on my list of things I've been to scared to try. And you know, they have a lot of fabric in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great on you! I love, love, love how even your topstitching is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through a link at PR---and I've enjoyed browsing through your posts. Your sewing is incredible! I've yet to try jeans or pants because I'm scared of fitting issues, lol! You're very inspiring, though.

    I know what you mean about keeping the tear ducts well flushed. I have a daughter who recently moved to Germany for a year. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hilarymcdaniel hg49@txwi.netNovember 1, 2008 at 7:38 PM

    Wow.I didn't know you could actually make jeans that look better than retail. How in the world did you learn to sew so fabulously. I would love to learn how to sew like that. Any dvd's you can recommend? I just found your blog thru another one but you're on my fav's now.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.