Thursday, September 25, 2008

Having Fun with Blog Awards!

Sigrid passed along these nice awards, so I will play!


1. Select 6/10 bloggers to whom you would like to give this award. I used to be the only person I knew who sewed hard (except my mom). Now, I get to stay in touch with lots of wonderful people who sew hard!

Here are just a few (I regularly read many more than this!) of my favorite go-to sewing blogs:
Ann aka Gorgeous Things- Ann is an accomplished entrepreneur with a gorgeous coloratura soprano voice and she sews with a great sexy style. Her online fabric store is stocked with lots of fabrics you won’t find at your local JoAnn’s.

Vicki aka HongKongShopper- Vicki is a very well-dressed accountant with high achieving kids. She is a fellow warrior out slaying the dragons in the Real World and I admire her a lot.

Carolyn aka Diary of a Sewing Fanatic- reading Carolyn is a habit you just can’t break! Her writing draws me in and keeps me coming back for more. Carolyn speaks her mind and constantly inspires me.

Renee aka Miss Celie’s Pants- Renee is a fascinating person, too. I don’t know where she finds the time to hold down a glamorous job in government, moderator par excellance over at patternreview and be the wonderful writer who shares her life with us, which includes lots of exotic travel. Plus, she is right here in the same city I’m in. Cool!

Summerset aka Pins and Needles- I think I love Summerset’s kids as if they are in my own extended family! They are already showing signs of their mom’s creative gifts. Summerset creates award-winning garments and quilts and she whips up entire wardrobes for herself and her entire family.

Belinda aka sew-4-fun. I go to Belinda’s blog to remind myself of how to stay in style without adopting any silly looks. She has a knack for achieving a flattering fit with the current styles, without going over the top. I always like the what she chooses for herself and she is very generous with her extensive knowledge.

Karen is a really generous woman with gorgeous children to model her marvelous smocking, embroidery, knitting and sewing creations. She sent me magazines from Oz that continue to entertain me.

Ruth -As soon as I met Ruth online, I vowed that DH & I should make a trip to Gran Canaria and visit her Dive Centre, just to meet her. What a delightful person who just gave birth to a genius baby. She & hubby are no longer owners of the Dive Centre, which is just as well. I don’t think I could have talked my husband into scuba diving anyway!! J

Sigrid works in IT, like I do now, and it is such fun to share our frustrations and our satisfactions with such a job. I get to work from home too, now and then. As do all of these women, Sigrid sews exquisite creations for herself and her family. She is another encyclopedia of sewing excellence. Sigrid is the one who passed these awards to me. Thank you Sigrid!

2. Put the award - prize on your blog and indicate who gave it to you by identifying her/his blog (done).
3. Paste these rules on your blog (done).
4. Write 6 of your most important values and 6 negative points you condemn.
Values: Honesty, Fairness, Gratitude, Optimism, Generosity, Responsibility.
Negatives: Hypocrisy, Dishonesty, Cowardice, Apathy, Fear, Hostility

5. Inform the recipients by leaving a comment on their blog (OK, will do!)

The first time I received a blog award, (the Rockin' Girl Blogger) I was SO excited!! I know that my favorite blogs have already received these awards multiple times, so I am just adding to the applause. Thanks ladies for your place in the blogosphere!
And thanks for all the great blogrolls you maintain. I love to surf through and find new blogs all the time, too.
Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Robin for the award but mostly for the kind words. I was feeling a little down because I haven't had a lot of time to sew lately and my current project has turned into a disappointment. I needed a little pick-me-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin!! Congrats on your awards - I enjoy popping in to see what you have been up to too. Not sure I could ever tackle jeans AND for someone else! Tonight I have actually been in the sewing room and wrestling a BWOF jersey dress. Maybe I will have something to show by the end of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such kind words about my ramblings and my obsessive need to show everyone what I'm sewing! *LOL* I'm glad that you come by and stay awhile...so thanks again for thinking I'm worthy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you very much neighbor :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo