Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chiffon Top Finished BWOF 07-2008-123

I am wearing black with this but I want to sew a dress in a coordinating color, like mauve or blue. This is really not a style I'll sew again, I don't like the kimono sleeves as a silhouette for my body type. BUT, it was fun to sew and I know I will throw it on one hot day and enjoy wearing it.

I had to chop off my head because I am not feeling pretty at all! I had a molar extracted on Friday, and now I am doing a little chewing on the side. Ah ha ha ha ha.
Well, that is what you have to do! There will be more dental work down the road. Not fun, but not nearly as bad as I was afraid of!!
Now, I just canNOT decide whether or not to participate in the Great Coat Sewalong. I sewed 2 coats for myself and one for Laura. I think maybe my coat quota is set for now. I am more interested in summer sewing... but I did print out the Three Quarter Length Coat from Bernina My Label ... so I'll wait and let my whim guide the way.
Happy Sewing All!

8 comments:

  1. Robin, this top looks lovely on you. The transparent nature of the fabric negates the wing-like appearance of the dolman. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top! I agree with Cherie, the bat-wing effect is negated by the transparency of the fabric. It works really well on you. I can see why you wouldn't want to use this silhouette with an opaque fabric, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cherie, it is beautiful. Plus being transparent and flimsy, it doesn't add any bulk at all. I think it looks great on you and very feminine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tunic looks great! Sorry to hear about the painful dental work and the potential for more in the future - I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your jaw is feeling better today.
    That top is breezy and pretty. And surely you had a break in the heat, you're wearing it with long pants.
    I like your description of sewing with chiffon as "sewing wisps of clouds together".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your top looks so light and breezy. The chiffon is perfect for this type of top. I fell in love with this top when you pointed it out on SG. After seeing on you, I still love it. It will look beautiful with a dress or pants like you have it.

    I hope you tooth work gets finished soon. I know how painful it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautifuly! And given that I've only sewn with cottons and woves, I'm super impressed given the nature of this fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This style of top looks gorgeous on you in the chiffon, such an inspired choice. I think it will look fabulous with a straight dress underneath as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo