Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Proud Mama

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending my daughter's presentation of her "SMP" (St. Mary's Project). Seniors at St. Mary's College are required to produce a piece that represents their level of mastery over their major area of study. Laura wrote a long paper in German that included translations and the cultural significance of some specific examples of popular culture.

Her presentation was entertaining and informative and I am incredibly proud of her growth over the last 4 years. Plus, I wore my latest sewing creations. (always a bonus in my little world :)
Happy Sewing, and Happy Milestones to all of us celebrating them!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on and to your daughter! Whoa... the whole paper in German? Wow. That *is* mastery.

    Is this the St. Mary's that's in Maryland? DH went there way, way back when. It's a beautiful school in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is in Maryland, right on the water. I agree, it is beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I noticed with your photo was your new cardigan! You must be very proud of your DD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your daughter and you do look like a proud Mom.
    Your cardigan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you!
    Behind (almost) every student who achieves their dreams stands their family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's so gratifying to partake in the growth and achievements of your children. Beautiful daughter lovely cardigan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.