Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Navy & Chocolate Print Cotton Tunic

I went into the Pfaff dealer on my way home from work last night, to buy a pintuck foot. I am making yet another tunic and I thought I'd add a little interest to the front by adding a "bib" sort of affair with pintucks. Those pintucks didn't work well on this loosely woven cotton fabric, but my new roll hemmer foot worked really well on these strips of fabric:
Um, the roll hemmer foot came with a machine!
Yippee!!! I had an unexpected acquisition: a Pfaff Creative 1475 CD machine. I couldn't leave without satisfying my curiosity about what this machine could do. Once I sewed on this baby I had to have it. It is pretty old, but it looks brand new. It is all metal - it was made in Germany so it must be 15 years old or so.
It has eleventy gazillion decorative stitches and some embroidery functionality. It's really easy to understand.

The idea is that I will apply ruffles on the front of the bodice. This will be a very cool shirt for a hot summer day. It's a little sheer and I'll wear it over a tank top or a camisole.
With any luck I will finish this and another top & pants for the patternreview SWAP.
If I get too busy to finish this SWAP, oh well. I sure feel good having completed the Timmel SWAP and I have worn a SWAP outfit every day this week. It keeps me smiling on the inside.
Happy Sewing !!




4 comments:

  1. Great embellishment and will very nice for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new machine! What a cool unexpected find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new machine:)
    I still have my Husqvarna Optima 630 that I "could" not trade in when I got my Designer 1. It still sews great and I like the "feel" of it :) Enjoy your new/old machine:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really had a thing for that machine when it first came out...recently saw one used in at my SM Dealer and had to practially run out of the store so it wouldn't come home with me! Enjoy it!

    Love the new top too! And I can't wait to see your entire collection up on Julie's site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.