Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fun Weekend - Floral Cotton Tunic Out & About

I finished my floral tunic. Wow that gauze-y fabric was hard to work with. And the Pfaff 1475 was certainly up to the task. I love the Pfaff IDT and I used the hemmer foot on the sleeve hems and the bodice hem, and obviously on the ruffles. The busy print is busier with 6 ruffles in the front. The idea was to increase volume on the upper chest area to balance my pear proportions. It was not comfortable worn over a knit tank top. The cotton clung to it, so I wore a silky cami which helped the top flow.
With only minimal encouragement from the photographer, I am willing to make a spectacle of myself.

We were on our way to a non-baby shower. Our friends adopted a baby from Kazakhstan, but the guys refused to call it baby shower. But there was a baby, there were gifts & cake and food. He is sooooo cute! Here are the hubster and myself and my stepcat, Puppy.

Puppy always has that look on her face, like hey- let's have some tuna fish.

13 comments:

  1. Cuuute!! The top is so floaty...pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee, love your poses. That tunic is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tunic! Great colors, too!
    I enjoyed looking at your funny poses - you look like you were having fun during the photo session.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. Your tunic is lovely and the ruffles turned out really well. I fancy that hemming foot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blouse. It looks great on you....in all poses :)
    What an adorable cat face....too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blouse Robin and I love the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute - you look like you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tunic, Robin. Thanks for the chuckle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. walk like an egyptian...
    great tunic/blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, love the tunic, love the print, the flowy fabric, the fact that you seem to have so much fun. And I also love the look on Puppy's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo shot, Robin. You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your posing! And the tunic looks great too, super pretty fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made a fine tunic for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Sewing, xo

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.