Last weekend I sewed some knits. I had some tan colored lightweight rayon knit and a beefy doubleknit. I made a top with a double front and trimmed the neck with the same black I used for the skirt.
The skirt has an elastic waist and it is so comfortable! And I made a slip, too. It is REALLY simple, just another version of the skirt but shorter. Here is a close-up of how the V-neck turned out. I made a mitered corner, but don't ask me how! I had to stare hard at it then sew real fast before the idea could escape me. I actually finished the point by hand so the stitches would be invisible and make a perfect point.
Here is how it looked when I basted the two fronts together, before I added the black trim.
Oh well look at that! I uploaded a picture of how it looked when the trim was mostly on. This is the part where I stared at it real hard.
I sortof fussed it into being. I folded it until it looked the way I wanted and cut the excess fabric. Then I stitched the seam that joins the "V". (You can just barely see the fusible interfacing on the inner front.) The I trimmed away the excess and serged the edge of the black, folded it over and hand stitched.
It was relaxing and rewarding. I really enjoy getting lost in my little world of perfection and control. But- really it was a very fast project.
I used Bernina My Label pattern-making software for the T-shirt and the 8 Gored skirt.